Don’t Go It Alone!
- Talk to your healthcare team: Your healthcare team can connect you with resources and support services. They can also provide guidance on managing side effects and other treatment-related issues. Don’t ever hesitate to talk to them about what you’re going through – both physically and mentally.
- Join a support group: Support groups provide a safe space to connect with others who are going through similar experiences. You can find support groups through your cancer treatment center or online. And of course, you can always join our private Facebook Group!
- Consider working with a counselor or therapist: Cancer often takes a toll on your mental health, and working with a professional can help you manage the emotional challenges of this journey. And remember that challenges to your mental health can continue for years – even long after you’ve completed your treatment.
- Explore complementary therapies: Complementary therapies like acupuncture, massage, and meditation can help manage side effects and improve overall well-being. We’re proud to partner with Roberta Whitney Hughes of PeaceFull Living. Here’s a post from her about the importance of meditation.
- Reach out to advocacy organizations: There are many organizations that provide support and resources for cancer patients and their families. These organizations can help you navigate the healthcare system, find financial assistance, and connect with others who have been through similar experiences. We also have several listed on our Resources page.
Building your tribe of supporters takes time and effort, but it can make a big difference in your cancer journey. Remember that it’s okay to ask for help. You don’t have to go through cancer treatment alone.
What suggestions do you have for others in this journey that worked for you? Comment below!
Share with others.